Thursday, September 17, 2009

Puberty Yet??

Preston is forming quite the personality. In the morning, after his naps and right when Rob gets home from work Preston is all smiles. He "talks" and smiles for awhile. The rest of the day is up in the air. This morning I ran a few errands. Preston did great during the first and last store, looking around and winning cashiers' hearts. However, he decided he did not want to be at Walmart and let everyone know he was not happy. I don't have a problem with him crying, but it's the high pitched girly scream that is like nails on a chalkboard to me! He was screaming for everyone to enjoy while shopping. Of course I had two women ask if I'm a first time mom (I still don't know why people feel the need to ask that because I don't see what difference it makes). As soon as I paid for everything and left the store he stopped crying immediately. He was calm until we got home. When I turned off the car the high pitched screaming began again. That scream used to mean his stomach hurt. Now it seems he does it just because he's not happy. God should've designed it so that baby boys should go through voice puberty within the first month of life. That way when they scream it doesn't sound like an animal dying but more of a "manly cry"! I'd still meet his needs but it would be much more pleasant to the ears in the process.

No comments: