Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall Weekend


Preston and I had such a great weekend in Cali. We left Thursday morning so we could get to Sacto in time to have lunch with Grandpa. When we left there my mom suggested we visit a friend that I've known my entire life. She is 94 years old so she was a little confused as to who I was or who Preston belonged to. But, he wowed her anyway with his great smile. From there we visited my mom's boss/friend. She is always keeping up to date on Preston and was excited to see him. Her daughter got to meet him as well, holding a baby for the first time.
Friday was the best day though! We got up and went to LaBou (Rob's favorite place....ha!). Then we headed up the hill to Apple Hill. For those of you that have never been, it's an area that has about 15-20 apple farms. Each stop is unique, complete with craft booths, trains, food or any number of other things. Preston is becoming very social these days so he enjoyed sitting in his stroller, looking at the people around him. My mom and I looked at the crafts while the boys (my dad and Preston) hung out. At the last stop my dad and I had fun taking all kinds of staged pictures of Preston. He was a real trooper, just looking around while we snapped a hundred pictures. We were all worn out after our day at Apple Hill so we came home and took naps. After we got rested up, my parents treated me to a great Italian meal. When we got home my aunt, uncle and cousins came over to meet Preston for the first time. They had a lot of fun holding him, making faces at him and getting him to smile. Once again he charmed a new set of people!
While we were having fun, Rob was home sick. He thinks he had strep throat so I was unsure as to when we'd come home. We didn't want to chance Preston getting sick so Rob started on antibiotics and disinfected the house before we came home. Yesterday morning my parents, Preston and I made one more important stop....the pumpkin patch. Carving pumpkins has always been a big deal in our family so we had to start Preston off right. My mom found him the perfect pumpkin that was as big as him. Once again, he was a trooper while my dad got a lot of fun pictures of his first pumpkin patch experience! On my way out of town I had lunch with a friend and stopped to see another friend. I probably would've stalled longer but Preston was in a rare mood, screaming for 2 hours (He cleared out a restaurant where my friend and I had met for lunch)! I just wanted to get on the road so he could calm down and sleep.
We had a great weekend, but it's always nice to be back home and back into the regular routine. Preston was wonderful, like usual, and wowed everyone that saw him. I always think of the Martina McBride song "I Just Call You Mine" as Preston's song. He is absolutely amazing and I realize that more and more each day! We are truly blessed!!!!

No comments: