Friday, October 1, 2010

Ode to the Puppy

l[]p (That's Preston's take on it). I feel like the past 24 hours has been a sequel to Marley and Me. You already read about my day with Ruby but the night got even better. She likes to sleep by my side of the bed but at one point she tried to jump up on the bed...a big no no in this house! After scolding her she curled up by the bed again. Then she kept licking and scratching and getting herself comfortable. At 3am I finally took off her collar because she was driving me crazy. In my half awake haze I realized she was going in our closet a lot but I wasn't coherent enough to really think about it. This morning I figured out she was going in there and pulling out my shoes. Luckily she didn't chew any of them but there were shoes all over the living room this morning! At 5:40am I heard Preston fussing. I prayed he'd go back to sleep because I was so tired but he continued fussing. When I went in his nursery I discovered the culprit...Ruby was going through his toy box. I tired to get Preston back to sleep but Ruby was too wound up and was running around the house. It got Preston too excited to go back to sleep. Now that we're all awake Ruby is sleeping peacefully by the sliding glass door. Overall she is a great puppy and will make an awesome dog but we all have our rough patches. I'd take her on a bad day over Duke on his best day hands down. I just pray that today and tonight is more mellow!

No comments: