Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Super Thankful!!

Today I'm not just thankful for one thing, but two! If you know me you know how much I love my sleep. Rob will be the first to tell you that if I don't get enough sleep at night I tend to get a wee bit grumpy. (I know, hard to believe...ha!) Since we've moved P into a toddler bed he gets up 1-3 times a night. Every night, right before I fall asleep, I think, "How many times will it be tonight?". For the past two nights I haven't been woken up at all!! I've slept from 10 or 11-6am without interruption! By the time P does come into the room I'm wide awake and ready to cuddle for awhile before starting our day. That's my favorite time with him...just after he wakes up and right after breakfast, before he gets too much energy going.
Another thing I'm thankful for is all my pregnant friends. I'll be honest and let ya in on a little secret. A few months ago I would cry when friends and acquaintances would announce their pregnancy because I was bummed it wasn't me. But then I realized that that's a VERY selfish way to look at it. Some people have tried A LOT longer than we have and some of my friends that are pregnant right now have had to take different measures to get pregnant. So I'm thankful for all of their pregnancies because bringing a new life into this world is the most awesome thing ever. And if God blesses us with another child I will be beyond ecstatic! But if HE chooses not to then I'm very, very thankful for the blessing we already call our son!

No comments: