Saturday, December 17, 2011

To the Rescue....Like Always!


On my way home tonight I was having a mini pity party. I was in a funk because we don't have any Christmas parties to go to this year- for any of us. In years past we've been so busy that we don't even get to enjoy the Christmas season. Then I was thinking about how much I miss Rob and how I wish he was here to enjoy the last week before Christmas with us.
BUT, then I became thankful. Thankful that my parents came to the rescue and made this a fun weekend for both me and P. When Rob's uncle passed away I called my parents and asked if they'd come this weekend to enjoy breakfast with Santa since Rob wouldn't be here. I love celebrating Christmas with P but sharing the experience with others makes it that much fun. Plus, my mom and I both have child like excitement when it comes to celebrating birthdays...whether it's our immediate family, friends or Jesus's. So that adds even more to the fun!
My parents came in yesterday after work. Last night we enjoyed watching an AWESOME light display that was synced to a local radio station. I seriously think my mom and I could've sat there all night watching it. It was beautifully designed. But we needed to get home and rested up for the big event that took place this morning....breakfast with Santa.
Having breakfast with Santa brought back childhood memories of when my brother and I did that at Weinstocks. I think P enjoyed it as much as we used to, hopefully making it an annual tradition. The buffet was ok but my favorite part is when Santa and Mrs Claus came to every table to greet each child and spend a personal moment with them. P was ecstatic and told Santa about how much he was enjoying the bacon and how he wanted cars for Christmas.
So, just because we don't have any Christmas parties to attend doesn't mean we can't enjoy the holiday season. We've done family activities every weekend this month to make it memorable for us and P. In fact, by not rushing around and experiencing Christmas through a child's eyes has made it that much more fun....plus, I won't gain the weight from overindulging! :)

No comments: