Saturday, March 21, 2020

Quarantined "Me Time"

I think "me time" is essential to being a happy mama and a happy wife. Today I was in need of some "me time". Being side by side with the boys 24/7 was wearing on me, despite the fact that they've handled this quarantine like champs. So today Rob took the boys to ride dirtbikes while I enjoyed time by myself....in the house. I have multiple projects I could've worked on but I just wanted to be. So I took a short nap and binge watched "This Is Us". I rocked my PJs and ate whatever I wanted. It was nice to just be- without doing projects, without any noise and without having to make decisions for everyone else. Tonight I feel revived. I think during this crazy time it's important to do whatever it takes (that's legal) to get through. For me, it was to spend the day by myself, just vegging-watching what I wanted to watch (a rarity).  I am thankful that Rob realized that and had no problem letting the boys practice social distancing on their dirtbikes. They came home, pumped, telling me story after story about all the fun they had. They are tired of being confined to our subdivision so I think it was the best of both worlds for all of us.

No comments: