There are times when life seems to drag on (like this past June) and then there are times when it goes by fast like the speed of light (like this past month). P's life has been like that. I felt like he'd never learn how to eat with utensils or stop taking the tires off of all his toy cars. I felt like we would never overcome the collic or that he'd get past his health issues as a newborn. But, it seems like just yesterday that those were concerns of mine and now he's a senior!
Senior events began a couple weeks ago with senior pictures. Unfortunately, he was called back for his senior sitting before I got there so I missed getting pictures of him in the tux. Then this past Tuesday we went to the high school so we could sign him up for the senior events that will be happening this year. And then Wednesday, the class of 2027 hosted a "Senior Sunset" where the kids ate dinner, played games and "painted" their cars for the first day of school.
Thursday was his last first day of high school. It was the first time I wasn't there to get "First Day" pictures with him, but he graciously obliged and took a few selfies for me before he went to his 2 classes for the day. Wednesday night, as I was putting together a "First Day" goodie bag for him, it hit me that our little boy is no longer a little boy. Within a year, he may not live under our roof anymore. He's starting a new job next week and it seems to be one step closer to growing up.
As much as I want him to stay young and live with us forever, it's fun watching him start to spread his wings. He still gives me big hugs and tells me he loves me several times a day, but he also confides in me more instead of wanting me to tell him what to do. He's maturing and becoming the kind of young man we have prayed for him to become. To say we are proud of him is an understatement. And we are excited that we get front row seats to his last year of high school! Now slow down, time.......

No comments:
Post a Comment