Thursday, June 27, 2013

Celebrating My Boys

Even on a no-good-very-bad-baby day like today I still love being a mom. I'm at my wit's end with not knowing how to make E happy but I can put my head on the pillow tonight, knowing I'm right where I want to be....with my boys all day! I've been told time and time again that each child is different. Although they are both SUPER social, love to smile with their whole body, are mellow kids (for the most part), draw attention for their cuteness and seem to really enjoy life they do have their differences. I look back to how P was at 6 mos vs how E is now. Here are some of the differences I've noted:
The most obvious one: weight! P was a scrawny little guy where it's obvious to anyone passing by that E doesn't lack for nutrients. While P struggled with nursing until I stopped at 6 mos, E doesn't look like he'll ween off of nursing any time soon (Wahoo!). He's got rolls galore and is the picture of health where P was always in the 10th percentile in weight until he went to formula. Another not so obvious one unless you know both sides of our families is their looks. P was named after Rob and his dad, grandpa..... and he looked more like a Herrington at 6 mos whereas E's middle name was my beloved Papa's middle name and he looks more like my side of the family at this stage in life. There are also differences that are not so obvious but are there nonetheless. P is and always has been a world class traveler. Planes, trains or automobiles, it didn't matter. He'd get on and just hang out until our destination. Not so with E. He squawks in the car (especially Rob's truck when I'm driving) and is better in planes that I expected him to be but still not the champ his older brother was at his age. Another funny difference is that P HATED being naked. He'd let you know he wasn't happy until he was fully clothed again, where E is his happiest when fully naked. When I change his diaper at 4am he talks up a storm until his jammies are securely back in place and fastened. At bath time he squeals with delight. I take that back. He squeals if his older brother is in the tub with him. If not then he just splashes and looks around, waiting for bath time to be over. Content but not over the top happy like when his big brother is around. The last thing that I thought was different was their sleep patterns. For the most part, E seems to sleep better at night. But after looking at P's baby book it looks like he slept about the same amount at 6 mos. It just seems like P was a newborn forever but that E was only a newborn that first few weeks. I feel like I waited and waited for P to get bigger but have blinked and now E is already a "big boy" (no pun intended). Although they're similar, yet different, my cup runneth over with the same amount of love I have for the both of them. I thank God for them every day, thank Him that He chose me to be their mom. What precious bundles of love I am blessed with!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said...our greatest blessings! Mom