Friday, October 24, 2014

Star Student and Star Daycare Provider

So much to say and so little time.

If you've been reading our blogs for awhile you know how proud we are of our boys. Although we're not naïve enough to think they are perfect, we know how truly blessed we are. Last week solidified that at P's first parent/teacher conference. His teacher went on and on about what a great student he is. He's at or above grade level in every area and she said he's one of the sweetest, most thoughtful and compassionate students she's ever taught. I know that teachers say that (I've said that many times!) but you can tell when it's authentic and I have no doubt she meant what she said. I don't think I could've been more proud of him when I walked out of his conference!
This week P was the Star Student of the Week, meaning he got all the classroom attention on him and he loved it! When he told me he had been chosen to be the Star Student he was on Cloud 9! Every day he got to do something special. The first day he got to decorate a poster all about himself to share with the class. He took so much pride in writing out his favorite foods (shrimp scampi, sushi and "zebra pasta"), hobbies, future occupational goals, etc. Rob and I got to have a part in his celebration by writing special letters to him, which were read in front of the class. But, I think that his favorite day was yesterday...favorite snack day. He had told me early in the week that every week the Star Student brings in cupcakes for their snack day and there's one little girl that can never eat them because of her food allergies. So he wanted to bring Halloween Jello Jigglers and "BobBob Juice" because he knew everyone could eat that. My parents sent the jiggler molds and Jello and I spent hours making 23 Halloween Jello Jigglers. When I picked him up from school yesterday he said everyone loved them and were so excited to have something other than cupcakes. Today was his last day at Star Student and he went out with a bang.....he brought the "Rio 2" movie for the class to watch. I don't know who enjoyed his Star Student week the most- him, his classmates or me. :)
When I started back to work last month I knew that E would be in good hands. Little did I know that he would be in AWESOME hands! Our youth pastor's wife cares for him and her three daughters, whom she homeschools, helps. E has built such a relationship with the ladies (and their pets) and loves to go to their house. What's almost as nice is how flexible she is with my ever changing schedule. She never bats an eye when I ask her if she can rearrange days with E or if she can watch E an extra day. I am so blessed that it worked out for her to be E's daycare provider! It makes going to work a lot easier.

No comments: