Monday, March 23, 2015

Finding a Balance

Parenting is a balancing act. One that you can easily fail at. My balance is finding time to clean and do housework, do my photography business, do paperwork from my teaching job and-most importantly-spend QUALITY time with my boys. The truth is that on the weekends most everything else takes a backseat because of my boys. I miss P so much during the week that I can't wait to do fun stuff as a family on the weekend. Last weekend we had a blast going to the St. Patrick's Day parade. This past weekend we had an equally good time having breakfast with the Easter Bunny and doing an egg hunt (which E won for his age group), going to the park, playing with water balloons, enjoying the first snowball of the season, having a family pillow fight and researching our upcoming trip to Disneyworld. I know my time with my boys is short in the whole scheme of life so I do my best to make our time together special. That way when they're older they can look back on their childhood with fond memories, just like my brother and I do.
 
 






No comments: