Sunday, July 16, 2017

Summer Fun

I haven't blogged in awhile not because of lack of news. Just the opposite actually. We have been so busy that I literally fall into bed at night, welcoming the quiet. In fact, if memory serves me correctly, Father's Day weekend is the only weekend that we have been home....without entertaining. This past weekend seemed to be our biggest yet- a 8yr old birthday party and a church ministry fish fry. It's been a busy time but it's not over yet.
This Summer has been one for the books! Usually I spend Summer break trying to figure out fun things to do before or after we get back from California, that being our big Summer activity. We spend a lot of time at Bass Pro because of lack of things to do. But this year the fun seems to find us. (We haven't been to Bass Pro once!) There have only been a handful of days where we have been "bored". And by bored, I mean we stay home and clean the house and do laundry to get caught up.
This Summer we have gone to the trampoline park, to the movies, on a camping trip, on picnics, to MS, on the boat, to VBS, to CFA Cow Appreciation Day, to a library magic show, hosted a birthday party and a fish fry, did a day trip to the Coast where we went to the Marine Institute, had friends over to swim several times a week....and the list goes on. Sadly, there is still a list of things I'd like to do but doubt will happen due to lack of time.
Needless to say, I have been having so much fun that I haven't been able to get any of the projects done that I had wanted to do. I wish I could say that I still have plenty of time but that wouldn't be true. This week we'll be going to MS for my FIL's retirement party and next week we'll be going to visit friends with maybe a trip to TX thrown in. Then it's back to the real world. The world where I don't get to sleep in and enjoy a relaxing cup of coffee in the morning. The world where I don't get to spend the day being a kid with my boys. The world where the housework is prioritized because there aren't enough hours in the day. The world where I receive a paycheck again. As much as it saddens me to have the Summer's end in sight, I am excited for the new school year. Until then, let the fun continue!!!










No comments: