Saturday, September 19, 2020

Well Rounded Boys

Today is rainy, gloomy and shall I say chilly?? I don't think I ever remember wearing a jacket in mid September since moving to the South. But today I did and it was glorious. It's the perfect weather to cuddle up in a blanket, with a book and cup of coffee.....or blog. Usually I start my Days of Thankfulness in November but this year I decided to start early. Due to all the chaos, destruction and heartbreak this year I thought I'd start listing the things I'm thankful for now to remind me that we are so blessed. I am not going to go back to Day 1 on this blog but I will say that, by writing about our blessings on social media, it has made me realize just how blessed we are.
My biggest blessing is my family. This week I was thanking the Lord for everyone in our family. It got me to thinking about our boys and how well rounded they are. I am thankful that they have so many interests. Our oldest is thriving this year, which is so nice, since last school year was rough. This year he's got his confidence back. He is rocking all of his classes! He is on the cross country team and is trying out for the football team. He also enjoys playing his guitar and riding dirtbikes. He wants to get into trapping this year and has his first real job, mowing our neighbor's lawn every week. At night, he'll fall asleep reading and likes to use the money he earns to buy books.
Our youngest loves football and is obsessed with dirtbikes. He also loves hunting and fishing with his daddy. When it's raining or his best friend isn't home, he'll spend time drawing and painting. I love that he likes to help me in the kitchen, learning how to bake. He wants to start learning how to play the piano as well. 
Both boys love to help others and both do well in school. They are outgoing and have a great group of friends. Just like other kids their age, they play video games. But they would rather be outside than in front of a TV. I love that they challenge themselves to be better. 
Yes, they argue. Yes, sometimes they can work my nerves. But, I never take for granted that we have been blessed with such awesome boys. I love how well rounded they are and that they are so thoughtful. I can't wait to see how the Lord uses them in life!





No comments: