Sunday, November 8, 2020

Bothersome

 I debated about whether to blog my thoughts and in the end I felt compelled to. Some of you may not like what I have to say but so be it. Yesterday Biden/Harris were announced as our next political leaders of the USA. And since they have been announced many of my friends have taken to FB to belittle them or point out their "sins". I get that people aren't happy about the outcome. I'm not happy about it either (although, like I stated in my last blog, I wasn't a huge fan of Trump's either). But pointing out mistakes people made years ago isn't right. I would hope people would use their anger to fight for what they believe in. I would also hope (and pray) that God doesn't judge me as harshly as some people on FB are doing to Kamala Harris. I have no doubt that, like me, sometimes people wish they could hit a "rewind" button to go back and right a wrong they had done. Whether she has that wish or not is none of our business. How she leads the nation as second in command is our business. Do I agree with her political agenda? Not at all. But do I feel the need to belittle her on social media because of her choices in life? Not at all. I am a firm believer that children learn by example and what I'm seeing on FB helps me understand why some children act the way they do. It frustrates me and puts a knot in my stomach. Why be ugly? Some of the people who are making these comments and posting memes are the ones who cried the loudest when others bashed Trump. As the old saying goes, "If you don't have anything nice to say about someone don't say anything at all." 

In closing I'll leave you with one of my favorite sayings... "In a world where you can be anything, be kind."

Take the high road and be kind..... mic drop

1 comment:

NABranton said...

Thank you Jen! Very well said!