Friday, September 24, 2021

A Mom's Life

I always knew I wanted to be a mom. I wasn't one of those girls who planned out every detail of her wedding in her diary, but I knew I wanted to be a mom. When I was in my late 20s I was told by a surgeon that there was a good chance I could not have my own biological children. I was devastated but knew I'd be a mom in some way, shape or form. Today I am thankful that God blessed us with 2 great boys.
The boys are at such a fun age. I liked being a mom when they were toddlers. I was blessed to be able to stay home with both of them off and on for 3 years of their lives before they started school. We played, danced, took walk, did crafts and were silly. But this current age they're at is my favorite so far.
Both boys are becoming their own person. One is quick witted, loves hunting like his daddy and is a natural athlete. One is book smart, analytical and loves all animals. Both are tender-hearted, put God first, love to snuggle, are compassionate and musically talented.
Although I absolutely love this age, it's not for the faint at heart. I am a Mom Taxi the minute my job ends each day. We go, go, go pretty much every day of the week. We also have to have some hard conversations, ones that teach the boys life lessons.
Last night our oldest and I got into a pretty in-depth conversation. After he went to bed I pondered what we had discussed and I was thankful that he could be open and honest with me. That's one of the most important things to me as a parent- knowing that the boys feel safe and comfortable coming to us about anything, knowing we will listen, support and help in any way possible. 
I want to cherish every moment with each boy. We try to do special things for them and with them. One boy is going to a bonfire tonight so I'll be taking the other one on a date. I can't wait! I love our special times together. I love that we do so much as a family now and travel every chance we get. But I also love the every day moments and the 1:1 time with each boy. I love the moments where we just sit and discuss life or watch silly YouTube videos or sing our favorite songs at the top of our lungs or worship the Lord together. Being a mom is the hardest, most rewarding and best job I'll ever have and I don't take it for granted!


No comments: