Sunday, May 19, 2024

Busy Spring, Busy Life

 I always have the best intentions to blog regularly. But time gets away from me. We have been nonstop the past few weeks and I fall into bed, exhausted, most days. Rob traveled for work more than half of April. He drove the company mobile command center to linemen rodeos all over the South. His last lineman rodeo to judge was at home so P got to help him with it and I got to get a snip-it of what it was all about. I am so proud to be his wife for so many reasons. But, some of the times I am most proud of him is when watching him do what he loves- coaching linemen.

We have been doing all kinds of home improvement projects around the house. We got the exterior painted and rotten frame boards replaced. We got new carpet. We got a vapor barrier put in the crawl space. We are in the process of tearing down the dilapidated greenhouse and replacing it with a shop. Rob tore down the rundown "barn" (ie trailer) in the back of the property and I turned part of the area into a large garden. When we are not busy with baseball and fishing tournaments, we spend the weekends doing house projects. It's been a lot but I love seeing all the progress!

Speaking of fishing tournaments, P had a great Spring with fishing tournaments! He and his HS fishing partner won some money and finished 17th out of over 50 teams for the Central MS High School Bass Fishing league. He then fished a large tournament the first weekend of May with my father in law and placed third, where he won more money. The other night he said he wanted fish for dinner and we didn't have any thawed out so he walked over to the neighborhood pond, caught a couple, cleaned them and fried some bass for his dinner. Yesterday we went to my friend's pond and caught a couple before heading off to the ball fields. He fishes every chance he gets!

We are nearing the end of baseball season. We have 2 tournaments left and then are headed to the World Series. I am not a competitive person, but it has been hard watching E's team go from winning tournaments to struggling to even win a game. Yesterday the boys lost every game and didn't even seem to be enjoying the games, which broke my heart. Yes, I would like to see them win. But, I would also like to watch them have fun and bond. It seems like a different team from Fall and I don't know why. I have learned that baseball is such a mental sport and I can see some of the boys getting in their head and beating themself up for an error made. The idea of playing 3-5 games within 36 hours is a lot too and I have no doubt that the boys are worn out by the end of each tournament. But, I also know that these boys are fighters so they'll learn from it, get out of their head and get back to winning games like before. 

In about a week we will be adding a new addition to our family....Rip. After Fetcha passed away we realized how much Rebel missed having another dog around. And, in reality, we are a 2 dog family. I miss having a second dog around. So we will be getting a bloodhound puppy since Rob has wanted one for years. We haven't done the puppy phase in 5+ years so I'm not looking forward to that part. But, I know Rob and the boys (especially P) are excited to add Rip to our crazy life.

The boys and I are finishing up another school year this week. It's always such a bittersweet time for me. It makes me realize that time is a thief and our boys are growing up right before our eyes. (But, both boys finished the year strong with their grades and that makes me so happy!) It's a busy time and I feel like I'm being pulled in every direction. The students are over it and ready for Jr high, making the discipline part challenging. On the flip side of that, so many of the students have blossomed, matured and have become natural leaders. So I know they are ready to fly the coup and I can't wait to watch them soar!

As always, we have some fun Summer plans in store and lots of traveling will be done. I am looking forward to lazy mornings, drinking HOT coffee out of a mug instead of lukewarm coffee out of a travel mug. I am looking forward to not being on an agenda and spending quality time with the boys. I am looking forward to seeing family and making memories. I am looking forward to working on more home improvement projects. I am looking forward to all things Summer!

That being said, it is time to get ready for church. Thankfully today will be a lazy day spent as a family, one we all need. So until next time....

















No comments: