Monday, December 29, 2008

Hunting and Life

I know I have been bad about blogging lately but there is a good reason for that. I am not good at keeping secrets! There...it's out. The secret? Well, I guess I can tell you and then it won't be a secret anymore and I can get back to blogging regularly. Rob and I found out in mid-November that we are going to be having our first child at the end of July. We are excited beyond belief. I have been trying to do everything right, except stay away from chocolate, so our baby can enter the world healthy. But, being the worrier that I am, I didn't want to say anything until after my first doctor's appt. when I knew things were okay.
Well, we had our first appt. Dec. 19th, where we got to see our baby kick "his" (wishful thinking) leg. Our doctor is wonderful and gave me a clean bill of health. She said I am right on track and don't have to see her for another month. So, we got in the car and proceeded to drive 41 HOURS (yes, you read that correctly) to Brandon, MS. It was a long trip and not one I care to repeat after we make the drive back home. We are here, visiting Rob's family for the holidays. We have really been enjoying ourselves and can't believe our time here is already halfway over!
Most of the time has been spent hunting at deer camp. This year I decided that I'd finally attempt at getting a deer. For those of you that know me well, know that patience is not one of my virtues. Once I make up my mind, I want whatever it is immediately. So, needless to say, hunting for 4 days and not getting anything has been more than frustrating. The deer camp is surrounded by 2 other hunting properties so it is REALLY frustrating when you keep hearing everyone else's gun being shot and still aren't seeing one single deer. It reminded me of when I've tried to fish. Everyone around me gets one, but not me. Rob got a nice 8 point his FIRST day at camp. Dad Herrington got a nice 8 point his second day at camp. Me? Absolutely nothing! Zilch! Nada! Zero! Get my point? I saw the head of a doe for a millisecond, so fast I thought it was a figment of my imagination. At the end of the day yesterday, once the sun had gone down, Rob spotted a doe 150 yards away. I tried to shoot it but missed... probably by a long shot! (No pun intended) At least I got to attempt it. I have one more day of hunting ahead of me so keep tuned, but don't sit by the computer for an update because I'm sure it'll be like the last 4 days.

1 comment:

MKR said...

Congrats Jen that is sooo exciting! Hope all is welL!