Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow, Snow and More Snow!


The storm first hit Friday night but didn't dump a lot. Saturday we woke up to sunshine and I even enjoyed taking Roxy for a snow covered walk. On Sunday Rob and I went to Sacramento to celebrate an early Christmas with my parents. On the way back, the real storm came in! I woke up yesterday to a Winter Wonderland. Normally, I would curl up with a hot cup of coffee and enjoy the peaceful view. However, panic started to kick in when I realized I had to drive to work in the snow and ice. This is my first time driving in the snow on a regular basis so I figured I had to get used to it sooner or later. I left for work 2 hours early and that ended up being a good thing because it took me an hour and a half to get there. The nice thing is that the road maintenance guys up here plowed our road early so I knew that was a good sign. My entire commute, I was driving like a "granny", but better to be safe than sorry. By the evening the snow ended, giving us about 8 inches of snow in one day. On my way to work this morning, I was actually able to stop at the vista point to enjoy the beautiful sunrise in the winter wonderland that I now call home.

1 comment:

Rebecca Jetton said...

We didn't have nearly that much snow and we didn't have school Monday or Tuesday. Another storm is coming in tonight so no school again tomorrow. I guess when you're used to snow, you're more prepared. When do you go to Mississippi? What will you do with your animals?