Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dogs and Boys

First thing's first! I played around with the computer today and got it charged enough to use it for awhile tonight. It's so nice not having to use our phones to check the Internet world. Yay that I get to blog tonight!
The past two days I've taken P to gymnastics despite the fact that I'm sick. Yesterday I felt better but my patience were at a bare minimum when it came to him at the class. He started out in a combined class and then moved to the younger toddler class. He doesn't like to play with kids his own age and he made that obvious yesterday. He hit and pushed kids left and right. Then I was trying to help him into the foam pit and I got a little overzealous in tossing him. He landed on his head, which I think scarred him (He didn't want to go in the foam pit today and it was his favorite thing his first class). It didn't hurt him but he wasn't a fan of either that or me banging his head on the beam when I picked him up to console him. Either way, yesterday was not the best gymnastics day. Today he did do better and I'd like to think it was because of the talk I had with him on the way. He tried to push the big kids in his class but when they pushed back he stopped. All except one boy that was kind of a homely looking kid. Once I told P that he was hurting the boy, he stopped for the most part. P seems to be improving already in jumping and the balance beam. I think he'll thrive once he gets the hitting and pushing under control!
Speaking of improvements, we got Ruby back from Doggy Boot Camp today! She was a little amped up when she first got here but she settled down immediately and has done well. P thinks it's his job to aid in the training so he frequently tells her to "go" and "stay". He also likes to entice her with his toys, knowing that she's not allowed to have them. Holly is even doing well with adjusting to Ruby. I think it's because Ruby is more refined and not the "Marley Dog" that she was when she left. We'll see how she does with the running off the property but as of now, knock on wood, we have a completely different dog!

No comments: