Friday, January 16, 2015

Proud to Do 1-2 Things

Some days, or in this case, some weeks, I should be more proud of the one or two things I got accomplished for the day rather than the 100 that are still left unchecked on my never ending "To Do" list. We recently added another 4 legged addition to our family. Just like any other new family member, especially when it's a young one, there's an adjustment period....for everyone.
The boys and I got back Friday night and I hit the ground running on Monday. And when I say running, I mean sprinting. I am back to work every day now. So, between that job and being a mom and doing the business aspect of my photography business, life is rather chaotic. Let me give you an example: Monday E was in rare form (or more like his norm these days). So most of the morning, while I was rushing around trying to unpack and get things ready for work, he was throwing major temper tantrums. Monday night Rob had to work late on a project. So after dinner I took 2 mins to go to the bathroom. When I came out, E had somehow managed to get a full bag of candy off the counter and had dumped it out for the dogs (and him) to have a free for all. After scrambling to clean that up I realized Drake (our newest addition, a 2 yr old lab puppy) had pulled out one of E's soiled diapers from the garbage and was shredding it all over the living room. While I cleaned that mess up Fetcha (our little mutt) peed on the carpet. Needless to say, I was more than ready for bedtime by the time it rolled around. Yesterday morning is another example. It was pouring down rain so I was letting the dogs out in shifts to go to the bathroom before putting them in their crates. I was minutes away from leaving for work and specifically told E to stay in the house. Yeah, fat chance of that happening. While I was walking Drake around the backyard, E opened the back door, letting Fetcha out. She took off running while I frantically called for her. I got Drake in the house and ran out front to get Fetcha. Of course, E had to open the front door, letting Drake out. Normally he listens/minds well when called but yesterday he decided to be stubborn. He took off running one way while Fetcha kept going the opposite direction. I ran inside to change back out of my work pants and into clothes that could get muddy. Luckily that gave the dogs just enough time to get together at the pond. I chased them down, getting mud up to my shins and finally wrangled Drake back to the house, with Fetcha following behind. Needless to say, I was running late by this point and was pretty frazzled by the time I got to work. Just to show you that this has been a trend for the week I'll give you my last example from this morning. I was trying to finish breakfast before taking P to school. All of a sudden I heard E's hurt cry coming from the back of the house. I ran to P's room where I found E lying under a full 10 gall tub of shoes/clothes. Somehow his big brother was responsible but I don't think I got the full truth on what really happened. While I was dealing with that, Drake put his front paws up on the table and finished my bowl of cereal. No big deal, right? (Other than the gross factor). Well we were out of milk and my favorite cereal so I started the morning rather hungry. Just as we were running out the door (late of course) E blew out his diaper so I had to run back in, praying that P would not be late for the 2nd time this week. So, some days I just have to rejoice that everyone is alive and the boys are fed instead of worrying about dusting, mopping, doing laundry, etc. Tis the joys of being a mom...and dog owner! :)

No comments: