Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Playing Catch Up

Trying to play catch up with you. Since the last time I checked in here, we have taken Rob's boat out for her maiden voyage, gone out on 2 (yes 2) dates!! (One to a restaurant and one to our church Valentine dinner), installed 80% of our backyard fence, got my car into the shop after being in an accident, celebrated my last full day of work and went to NOLA on Fat Tuesday. Most of the catch up will be done with pictures but let me fill you in on yesterday. For those of you that are not from the LA area, yesterday was perhaps the biggest day of the year for this state.....Fat Tuesday! It's also $2 Tuesdays for the Aquarium of the Americas and the Audubon Zoo. So, my friend and I decided to take advantage of the school holiday and take the kids to NOLA to visit the aquarium. When we got remotely close to the aquarium we were blocked to go any further because of the parades. It was below freezing and with the wind chill factors, it was in the 20s. We bundled the kids up, gave them several warnings to stay close and off we went (with me and Ginny praying the whole time). We got the aquarium only to find it closed. Apparently the whole state shuts down for Fat Tuesday, which we obviously didn't know. So we traipsed back to the car, freezing the whole way. I am proud to say that, despite all the Mardi Gras hoopla, innocent eyes still stayed innocent. Rob even said that we must've prayed our way through NOLA because it's a miracle that we didn't see any obscene things. I felt really bad that the kids missed out on the aquarium and that it was so cold but it was a nice day spent away from BR. To fill you in on the past two weeks, here you go......





 
 

No comments: