Thursday, March 19, 2015

Potty Training Woes

I. Hate. Potty. Training. It's the thing I despise the most in parenting. I'd rather teach my boys how to drive a car than to use the "big boy potty". With P, Rob finally taught him because I kept giving up. I'm a "yesterday girl", as Rob puts it, and since I don't get results right away I give up. Speaking of yesterday, it was horrible. I was so mentally exhausted by the time Rob got home that he immediately announced that Mommy was off duty the rest of the night. Thankfully. Who knew asking a 2 year old if he needs to use the "big boy potty" every 5 minutes could be so exhausting? And who knew that a 3ft tall person could have so much pee in them? Today, praise the Lord, has been a different story. The only "mishap" is when I was mowing the backyard. I looked over to see E pooping by my garden. Apparently he is getting potty training tips from the dogs. But, other than that, he's done a really good job today....only 2 accidents compared to the 13 yesterday. We're making progress. Baby steps....





No comments: