Saturday, August 22, 2015

My Walking Miracle

Six years ago my thoughts were consumed with whether my son would live or if he'd have brain damage. All because of an illness contracted as a newborn. Now I rarely think about that time. When I do, it's to say a quick "thanks" to God for the miracles He provided in our son's life. Today he asked to go to the library. I was thrilled but asked why he'd want to go to the library on his day off. He said, "Because I love to read and learn new words. I love learning and books help me learn new things like life cycles and plants and community helpers." I almost teared up because it took me back in time to when I worried non-stop, 24/7 whether he'd be okay later in life, whether he'd have significant brain damage. Not only is he okay, but as Rob says, "He's wickedly smart with an imagination beyond his years." By the time we got to the library I was lost in thought, thinking about how blessed we are to have him in our lives. He adds so much compassion, humor, knowledge and creativity to our family. Today alone I think he hugged me about a dozen times and was quick to tell me I'm the best mom in the world because I take him and E on adventures instead of doing work. (After our adventure I did have to do some work though.) I need to thank God more for the miracle both of our boys are in our lives. They both have their own individual stories. They both have their strengths and weaknesses but they sure make my life complete and I am so glad for the blessing they are to so many.

2 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

We are blessed to have them as our grandsons. They bring so much joy to our lives. Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blessings! Psalm 127:3