Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Traditions

If you have been following our blog for awhile, you know that I value family traditions. I love making birthdays and certain holidays even more special by partaking in family traditions. In my opinion, traditions add to memories. Now that I'm a mom, I try to keep certain traditions that we enjoyed when I was a child. Traditions such as driving around, looking at lights; searching for the German pickle on the Christmas tree; stocking filled to the gills (One of my most favorite things about Christmas!). Certain traditions we have not kept for various reasons- the "Orange Man" and cutting down a fresh Christmas tree; enjoying In N Out Burgers after looking at Christmas lights; falling asleep on a pile of wrapping paper Christmas morning. Other traditions we had made as a family- elf on the shelf; reading "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and the "Birth of Christ" Christmas Eve; supporting a family in need. This year I realized just how important our traditions have become because P told his teacher about the German pickle. She was very impressed with this tradition and shared it with another teacher, after asking P more about it. I hope when the boys grow up and have families of their own they are able to keep our family traditions or create their own with their family. Traditions enrich our lives and help tie generations together!

No comments: