Wednesday, February 12, 2020

I Don't Do Sick

Never Have I Ever..... Up until yesterday I could say "Been diagnosed with the flu". What I thought was a simple sinus infection was really Flu B. If I was on stage accepting this as an award, I'd say that I like to thank my cute students who cough in my face, forget to sanitize their hand before reaching to hold mine and sneeze without covering their mouth. You know what? I wouldn't trade their affections so I'm ok with it. What I'm not ok with is being sick. I don't do sick.
In the past 25 years, I had mono for about 3 weeks in my early 20s and was so sick one day when E was about a year old that I asked Rob to stay home from work to take care of the boys (The only day in our 12 years of marriage that I asked him to take off because of me being sick.). Other than a sinus infection a couple times a year, I don't get sick. And it's probably a good thing because I'm not good at lying around. I feel like I've slept more than I've been awake since Saturday afternoon. At one point, I even Googled to see if it's possible to get mono more than once because that's how I feel.  (Just in case you're wondering, it's rare for this to happen.) I feel like I have bad allergies and mono combined. It's not a fun combo, but I don't feel horrible. My symptoms are bearable. I did talk the doctor into letting me go back to work for Valentine's Day and she reluctantly agreed...if I'm not running a fever tomorrow. So I have one more day of lying around, sleeping the day away, and then I'll be free. Thank God Almighty, I'll be free at last!

No comments: