Saturday, April 9, 2022

Baseball! Baseball! Baseball!!

 If you asked me what my least favorite sport to watch is, it would be a toss up between golf, tennis....and baseball. But if you asked me what one of my most favorite things to do is I would say watching our boys do something they love. Good thing my love for our boys trumps my dislike of baseball because our lives are consumed with it! Both boys are now playing baseball so 4-6 days a week our days and nights are consumed with practices or games. 

P started playing for his middle school a couple weeks ago. He played his first game on Wednesday and I was impressed. He got hit, hard, with a ball on the side of his head before the game even started. But he went back out on the field before the first hit and played his heart out. He ended the game with a throw to 1st, earning the last out of the game. His team won!

E is in his third tournament this weekend. I don't know if I'm more amazed at how well his team is playing compared to their first game or how E stays eternally optimistic. When I was putting him to bed tonight he said, " Tomorrow is going to be a long day because I'll have 3 games." He's already thinking ahead to playing in the championship game despite not winning a game yet. (They've been close once or twice but didn't pull it off.) That's the heart of a champion!

I love watching the boys play. I love hearing their excitement when they talk about baseball. I love watching them watch baseball, taking notes on how they can get better. Although baseball is far from my favorite sport to watch I will gladly watch my boys play baseball every day of the week because I love them! 




No comments: