Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Week Full of Playing Catch Up

 I thought doing my "Month of Thanksgiving" would get me back to blogging regularly, but apparently I was wrong. So let me play catch up on the past 7 days of thankfulness.


Day 2: I'm thankful for front porch livin'. I didn't realize how much I needed a wide front porch in my life until I had one. Now it's one of my favorite places. A calming place on chaotic days. Some days Rob and I will sit out on the swing, catching up on our day. Some days I just on the front porch, watching the boys play in the front yard. Some days I sit there, listening to the cows moo down the road. Some days I read my book while sitting on the swing. And, although I haven't done much of this recently, I will enjoy my cup of coffee on the front porch while the dogs run around. For the rest of my life, I hope to have a front porch.


Day 3: I am thankful for parents who care about their child's education and advocate for them. Sometimes it gets overwhelming when I teach so many students. But I know parents reach out because they care and for that I am thankful.

Day 4: Today I am thankful that time heals. This past weekend Rob and I were able to get away to a place we had visited 9 1/2 years ago, a time when we were on the brink of divorce. This trip we laughed, talked and created so many fun memories. I am so thankful that God worked a miracle in our marriage and now we look forward to 1:1 time together.

Day 5- I am thankful that we were able to support Catch a Dream, a non-profit who helps kids with terminal illnesses go on hunting and fishing trips, by fishing their Fall tournament. It was pouring down rain so we didn't blast off at gray daylight. The day before, when we had pre-fished, we hadn't caught a single fish. So I was surprised that, after starting 2 hours after everyone else and not knowing the lake, we were able to get on fish. (and by "we" I mean Rob) We didn't take home a winning check but we placed 30th out of 69 registered boats. Rob also caught a huge bass, which is always a plus. I'm glad I got to fish the tournament instead of just being the professional photographer for it.


Day 6: I am thankful that Rob and I had such a fun weekend together. We stayed in a beautiful, quaint cabin near the lake where we fished. We ate good food, got a lot of sleep and spent a lot of time on the water. It was the perfect weekend!

Day 7: I am thankful for laughter. I have been a little on the stressed-out side lately, so I don't take for granted the moments of laughter I share with Rob, the boys, my brother and parents, co-workers, and my students. Laughter is medicine for the soul!

Day 8: Yesterday when I went to the polls to cast my vote, I was thankful for the freedom to have my voice heard. There wasn't much to vote on in our district, but it still gave me pride knowing that I had done my civic duty.


Day 9: 2020 was a year where the whole world got turned upside down. Two years later, life seems normal again. But I never take for granted the normalcy. Today I am thankful that E got to enjoy a fieldtrip with his classmates. He came running up to me after school exclaiming that it was a super fun day. He said his favorite part was learning about a tiny Bible that a soldier made out of bones. I am so glad that learning can take place outside of the classroom as well!
















No comments: