Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thursday

(I didn't have a clever title.) Today has ended on a pretty good note. Rob and I have been worried because something was wrong with Dixie's leg. Rob thought it was going to be bad enough to have to return her. But, a vet came up and said her "feet" are just bruised. At least that's the current diagnosis. She said if she isn't walking better in a couple weeks then she'll come back and re-evaluate. It was a good vet for two reasons...it wasn't as expensive as we thought it'd be and because it looks like Dixie will be staying here indefinately.
The other good thing is that I survived the day as acting principal! It was a nice change from the classroom but it just confirmed that I still love being a teacher. One day I may be ready to go into admin. but for right now I am happy being in my classroom each day, with my own students.
That's about it and I'm hungry. So, the day keeps getting better because we're going to Olive Garden for Date Night....wahoo!!!

1 comment:

Rebecca Jetton said...

The students are the BEST part of teaching. I can't imagine dealing with administrative duties and missing out on all the fun in the classroom.

I'm glad Dixie is going to be ok.
Love you, Jen!