Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A Whole Lot of Randomness

Disclaimer: I am in a good mood so please don't try to "read between the lines" on this blog. It is what it is.

P has a much more active social life than me. In fact, if it wasn't for him my social life would pretty much be non-existent. Tonight he's gone with his best friends to his their VBS. Rob slept on the couch for awhile since he worked most of the night and all day today. That just left me and E, giving me a taste of what days will be like when P is at school. It sucked. I have been toying with going back to work for awhile now but tonight solidified it. I really want to go back out in the working world once P is in school. What I really want to do is go back to teaching but I have no desire to get a LA teaching credential, especially since they don't do part time teaching contracts (my ideal, non-administrative job). So I will start hunting around in a month to figure out childcare for E and a part time job that will allow me flexibility to volunteer at P's school as well. I went back to work when P had just turned a year old and now that E is over 1 1/2 yrs old I feel that it'd be best for him and me and our family for me to be a (part time) working mom again.
It's no secret that I HATE Summer humidity in the South. I despise sweating and feeling like I constantly need a shower. Rob said I shouldn't complain because I just have to go to the car or to the store or to the neighbors' in it instead of working in it all day. But my philosophy is that I shouldn't be covered in sweat from doing those minimal activities. All that ranting to say that when we have rare, beautiful, low humidity Summer days I love it! Today was one of days. I let Fetcha out this afternoon and wished I would've used today to be at the park instead of using it to run errands, clean house and work on more editing from a photo shoot. Tomorrow is supposed to be another beautiful day so I plan to spend as much of it outside as possible. If we had more days like we had today I wouldn't spend so much time thinking about moving back to NV.
I'm not one who dwells on death/dying or even thinks much about it. I have no doubt about where I'm going when I die so I live each day enjoying life. But lately it seems I'm faced with death. My friend, Jaimie, lost her battle to cancer a few months ago. I have another friend who is close to losing her battle with cancer. I watched Ruby die unexpectedly. Fetcha had a brush with death. So I guess death has been consuming my thoughts more than, well, ever lately. For some reason, every time I think about death I think about the kitchen. Weird, huh? But I've been thinking about my Nana and Papa so much lately that it almost consumes my every thought. I think about all the baking and canning my Nana did, wishing I would've paid more attention to how she did everything. I think about playing games with my Papa at the kitchen table. I think about his love for tomato sandwiches that he passed down to me. I remember both my Nana and Papa writing letters to family members at their kitchen table as well. I also think about our kitchen floor, how messy it is now that Ruby is gone and Fetcha is confined to a crate for 4 1/2 more weeks. I rarely swept or mopped because it was Ruby's "chore" to keep the floor clean for me. But now I find myself sweeping the floor 3-4 times a day and mopping it once or twice a week. Funny how your memories will take you to a "weird" place. But I wouldn't change it. Special memories that make me smile.

Well, there you have it. My randomness for the day. Until next time....

No comments: