Friday, December 18, 2015

Playing Catch Up

So much for having the time to blog on a regular basis! Once again I am playing catch up with blogs so this will be a long one.
Ok, I had a paragraph written here. In fact, I've had several. I've rewritten the paragraph several times and every time I read it back it sounds depressing so I think I'll "tell" more with pictures than the actual writing for this blog entry.

Last Sunday was our annual Christmas choir performance at church. This year it was special because P's children's choir joined the adult choir on stage to perform a couple songs. I loved sharing the stage with him, so to speak, and to watch with joy as he sang his little heart out to glorify the Lord! It was also special because a sweet lady accepted Christ into her life. I cried tears of joy as I watched her walk to the front of the sanctuary to proclaim the Lord as her Savior. The only drawback was that my parents weren't there. They would've been on the front row, encouraging P and me, with their smiles, recognizing the hard work we put into the performance as well as its importance.



I never take it for granted when I am asked to photograph an event so when P's former Kinder teacher asked me to be the school photographer with the Santa visits this year, I was honored. It was such a fun couple of days, seeing the excitement in the children's eyes and getting to hear their requests. Out of all the classes I only had 1 screamer. (Those are always my favorite pictures!) Like I said, it was a fun time and I loved every minute of it!!







Last month my sweet boy wanted to help those less fortunate. So he gathered donations and used the money to buy food and products that underprivileged youth were in need of. We were so touched by the teens when we delivered the products that we decided we wanted to help make their Christmas special by filling stockings for them. Once again people overwhelmed us with their generosity! Several people at our church asked if they could fill a stocking or two or three. My mom asked if she could monogram stockings for each youth. One of my family members, who asked to remain anonymous, sent such a generous donation that it allowed each youth to receive a gift card and we also used the money to provide the center with a pizza party. When we took the stockings and pizza to the shelter one of the young ladies immediately said, "You don't know the kind of night I've had. That pizza smells so good right now!" (The youth only get food from the local food bank so they don't get typical teenage food.) When we went into the center a different young lady said to P, "Aren't you the one that came and brought us all that stuff last month? You must really love us!" We only stayed long enough for P to pass out each stocking but the youth were so incredibly appreciative and mannerly. I think it was more of a blessing to our family than it was to the youth! P and I came up with ideas for things to do for the youth during the next several months so the teens don't think they are only thought of around the holidays. Out of everything "Christmas" this was one of my favorite things I've ever participated in...all thanks to my sweet boy!

If I keep this pattern, I won't be blogging again until after Christmas. so, if that's the case, I hope you have a Merry Christmas!!
 


No comments: