Tuesday, March 1, 2016

DIET

In my opinion, DIET is the worst 4 letter word out there. For 3 years now I've complained about my extra baby weight, wanting to get back down to where I feel confident in how I look. I've tried...unsuccessfully...to lose weight several times. I tried to start eating healthier again a couple weeks ago and work out a little. But here's what I've learned about dieting:
1. If I'm told I can't do something I will. It's just my personality. So when certain foods are off limits those are the foods I gravitate to. I already have a sweet tooth but knowing I "can't" have candy just makes that craving worse.
2. I'm a yesterday girl. I want results...NOW! So, after eating healthy for a few days, when Rob had lost a couple pounds, I saw absolutely no results. Rob tried to convince me that muscle weighs more than fat but I don't think my muscles got that big after 2 days of P90x.
So, I've decided that I'm just not good at dieting. I will continue to gripe about my weight and how I'm limited in clothing because of it. Yet I won't give up Cadbury eggs, Girl Scout cookies, Reese's PB cups, Blue Bell ice cream, etc. One of these days I'll get my act together and get my baby weight off but until then I think I hear Cadbury eggs calling my name!

No comments: