Friday, July 8, 2016

Black Lives Matter

Fact: All lives matter. Despite color and race, all lives matter.

I woke with a heavy heart this morning. Just when I think things can't get worse with our nation they do. Sometimes I pray that the Lord will come before any more harm can be done, before any more hatred can be spewed. I didn't bring boys into this world to live with this upheaval, this confusion, this tension, this unrest.
To me the answer is obvious: Put God back into this nation. Put Him back in schools. Put Him back in government. Put Him first. But that's too easy. The results would be too drastic. People would love instead of fight and sometimes it's easier just to fight.
But this has got to stop. Our nation seems to be getting worse every year, every month, every day. I would really like to blame it on the government. I would. But I think our nation would be like this regardless of who is holding our government offices.
I was going to give a long dissertation about my thoughts on LA, MN and Dallas. But the fact remains that I was not there. I believe media can be edited to wreak havoc and feed the hatred. But I cannot judge because I don't know all the facts and I don't know how I'd handle these situations if I was the one behind or in front of the gun.
The long and the short of it is that so many headlines break my heart these days. You know what they are because they probably break your heart as well...or at least make you pause and think about them. Let's stop the hatred because the bottom line is that red, yellow, black or white... ALL lives matter!

No comments: