Sunday, January 8, 2017

Life Update

If I have internet I don't have time. If I have time I don't have internet...or access to my laptop. So, at the moment I have internet but am short on time. But I thought I'd give ya a heads up on what we've been up to the past 3 weeks or so.
After my last blog, P finished out his football season strong. The team did well and learned a lot. P seems to eat, breathe and sleep football these days and can't wait until next season.
The Sunday before we left, our church choir did the Christmas performance. Our church is still pretty "raw" from the flood so it added that much more to the service since the theme was "Home for Christmas". Rob's family came to hear P and I sing in the choir and then afterwards we celebrated Christmas. Boy, we all got spoiled! It was rushed due to the bad weather and Jay's work schedule but it was nice to be able to enjoy lunch together and see each other open presents.
The day after P finished his football season we boarded a plane and flew to Cali. It's the first time since we moved here that we were all able to fly together. With the delays and mishaps with airports, it was so nice to have Rob along to help. After how well both boys did (E can be a little difficult on flights), Rob doesn't believe me that it's hard to fly solo with the boys. I think I'll let him test that out one of these days. HA! We enjoyed a nice 10 days with my family and got in lots of family time. Rob and I went to Reno one day, on a couples' date one night and for nightly walks. Other than that, we hung out with my family at the house (Josh and Ashley were there, too, which was a bonus!). Christmas was nice as always. My parents outdid themselves to make sure it was a special day. Once again, we were all spoiled. Between both of our families, we walked away from Christmas getting everything we wanted and then some!
E got to celebrate his 4th birthday in Cali before we flew home the next day. In our house, the birthday person gets to choose how he/she celebrates their special day so he wanted to go to Chick Fil A and ice skating. He also wanted a "Chubby Cheeks" cake (my parents' "pet" squirrel that they feed on their back fence every day). We had so much fun and laughed quite a bit!
While we were out West, we found out that we did indeed get the house we had been in escrow with! We are so excited to move into our new home this upcoming weekend. That being said, we're all back in school and are packing/getting ready to move. So don't expect an update any time soon. Until then, enjoy some pictures from the past few weeks...













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That picture of E cooking with your mom is priceless.