Thursday, March 16, 2017

Goals

I don't know about you but for me if something doesn't come easy or I'm not progressing toward a goal I give up. Not the best quality and I'm not proud to say that our oldest son is following in my footsteps but it is what it is. Dieting? If I don't lost a couple pounds within a week I'm done. Playing an instrument? Well, just ask my parents about that one. Don't get me wrong. I am a determined, hard working gal but I'm also a "yesterday" girl, meaning I want IMMEDIATE results. So my current goal? To run 13.1 miles at the Rock N Rock Half Marathon next month in Nashville. That means I should be running about 8-9 miles two to three times a week if I was properly training. I'm not. I run about 3-4 mile runs once, maybe twice (if I'm lucky) a week. Let me break it down for you non-runners. That's not good. I can't fathom running 13.1 miles at this point. But, one thing I can't stand more than not reaching a goal is wasting money. And I already paid a pretty penny to run 13.1 miles (Yes, I know that's a crazy concept). So I will persevere. I will do my best. I may not run half of the half marathon but I will finish it. Because this time I will finish something I started, complete a goal I've set. Do or die, I will finish my 3rd half marathon in 44 days....and counting.....

No comments: