Saturday, September 8, 2018

Busy Bees

Usually, the beginning of the new school year symbolizes the end of Summer. It symbolizes life slowing down. Except not for us. Fall/Winter seems to be the busiest time of the year for us. Soon, after the school year began, we enjoyed a family weekend at the beach. Then, last weekend, the boys and I spent Saturday afternoon with friends, tackling AMN courses at a downtown event. Ok, I didn't try any of the courses but the boys loved it! This weekend E's soccer games began for the Fall season. Today, P and I left the game early so we could go be beekeepers for a few hours. It's a prize I had won and we thoroughly enjoyed our time, learning about honeybees and how to extract honey. The next two weekends are packed with a baby shower, a birthday party, church, soccer games and camping. As soon as soccer is over, football will begin.
The weekdays aren't boring either. P decided to sign up for 4-H so he's got meetings for that. E has soccer games. I have my gym classes and training for a 10k that I'll be doing in December. My photography business tends to pick up. For us life doesn't slow down until....2019??
And you know what? I wouldn't change it for a minute! Yes, I get tired and yes, I get stressed trying to get everything done. But I love, love, LOVE that the weekends allow me to be a hands-on mom. We get to introduce the boys to new things, cheer them on during their games, take small trips, watch them explore their passions. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world! Bring on Fall. Bring on the busyness. Bring on the memories!!







No comments: