Monday, October 21, 2019

Tears

I'm not a girly girl. I am not overly dramatic (most of the time) and I am not an overly emotional person. That being said, I have shed my share of tears over my lifetime. But, at some point in the past 10 years, my tears dried up and my heart was hardened. I can't remember a specific incident where this happened. It just happened over the course of time. There have been times where I have tried to force myself to cry because I felt the situation warranted tears. There have been times that I have wanted to cry because it would relieve stress. None of those things worked. So, sadly, as a last resort I turned to prayer. I prayed that the Lord would soften my heart so tears could flow when needed. And, over the past month, that prayer has been answered. I have cried 3 or 4 times- over hurt feelings, feeling like a failing parent, scared over a family member's health concern that we never seem to get definitive answers on. I don't cry every night or over every situation but I can feel my heart softening. I have cried and it has felt good to have that release. Now let's hope the Lord doesn't take it to the extreme, where I become a bumbling mess at the drop of a hat. HA!

No comments: