Sunday, October 27, 2019

The Past 5 Days

The past 5 days have been the best! Thursday we kicked it off with a very busy day. We had a full day of school and then raced to P's first ever cross country meet. He pushed hard for the entire mile that he ran and came in 36th out of 78 boys! We were so proud of him! Then we raced to E's football game, where he threw his first touchdown pass. Minutes after his game ended, P's game began. He worked it on defense, pulling 6 flags from his opponents.
Friday was chaotic because I was supposed to accompany my Pre-K class to the pumpkin patch. But we ended up getting a tropical storm so we ended up at the movies instead. After school I ran errands with the intent of the boys and I making homemade pizzas for dinner. But, while checking out at the store, Rob said he was on his way home. Since it was his birthday, we changed plans and went to TX Roadhouse instead. He enjoyed his steak dinner and I enjoyed our bill only being $3.72, thanks to a gift certificate. Afterwards, Rob and I had a TV date night while we waited for AAA to come unlock his keys out of his truck. I was glad we were able to spend time together because this was the last time I saw him for the weekend. With the tropical storm and his new position at the company, he put in a 18 hour day yesterday and finishing another 18+ hour day today.
Saturday the boys and I were going to go hit up a local corn maze. But the tropical storm curbed those plans. Instead, P and I went to my friend's yard sale and to a couple stores to get my Halloween costume props. Then we picked up E and his best friend and headed to the local trampoline park. We ended Saturday night at a neighborhood Halloween party. It was complete with a haunted house, photo booth and bounce house. Needless to say, we all slept good last night!
Today we started the day at church and ended the day at church. This afternoon we met up with friends for our church's Fall Fest. The kids loved playing games and eating handfuls of candy!
Halloween is not my favorite holiday but I sure have loved all the festivities this weekend. I even enjoyed dressing up in a costume for the first time since P was a baby. Now it's off to bed to get rested up for another busy week. G'night all!





No comments: