Thursday, December 31, 2020

Goodbye 2020!

While Christmas was better than I thought it'd be and E's birthday was fun, I can say I am glad this year will be behind us in 5 hours. Even with the pandemic, historic hurricane season, racial tension, presidential election issues and murder hornets (was that ever really a thing??) there have been some bright spots and good memories in 2020. I got to see my parents this year, even if it was only for a weekend. My brother survived a bad bout of Covid. He was one of the first Covid cases in Southern California so it was a very scary time for us while we navigated this new virus. We bought 10 acres in April and have enjoyed spending time there during this crazy year. We went primitive camping for the first time as a family. We didn't get much sleep but we created a lot of fun memories. P got to go to church camp for the first time, which he thoroughly enjoyed. I was stretched more than I imagined with virtual teaching. It caused tears for me, the parents and the students but we got through it and I know I can do it again if needed. We found the perfect home for our dog, Charlie, and adopted another dog. He's a great dog but is currently a nervous wreck because of the fireworks. Ha! This Fall my beautiful niece was born and I can't wait to meet her in person. Thankfully we have FaceTime so I get to see her quite a bit. We traveled more than we thought possible this year and explored new places. I won a year membership to a gym I've wanted to join for a long time so hopefully I'll lose my Covid weight. And in between all this we've learned how to slow down. We've spent a lot of family time together...and have enjoyed it. We've learned how to play new games. We've enjoyed a lot of walks around the neighborhood and local park. We've enjoyed more home cooked meals than usual. And we've appreciated our health. 2020 has been exhausting and I am ready for the NEW, but I am thankful for all the bright spots, the things the Lord has blessed us with and the memories we've created this year. 2020 will definitely be a year we never forget!

No comments: