Sunday, April 11, 2021

The Good Life

 Every day feels like Christmas these days! I don't know if it's the sunshine after that horrific ice storm that we had in February. Or the 3 date nights Rob and I have enjoyed over the past 6 weeks (3 dates is usually our quota for the entire year). Or the fact that I won a weight loss challenge my gym was doing (down 17 pounds!!). Or the fact that the end is in sight for the school year (5 instructional weeks to go!). Or that I got to hug my parents for the first time in 15 months. Or the fact that our calendar is full again for the first time in over a year. Or the time change that took place a few weeks ago, making the days longer. I don't know what it is but I am loving life these days! I wake up, ready for the new day, and fall into bed, exhausted each night, after a busy day.

This past week was no exception. My parents came to see us for Spring Break. They got their vaccinations (or as they call it, their "get out of jail free card") so they felt safe to fly. For 9 days we played games, fished, shopped, ate good food, watched movies, laughed and enjoyed special time together. I was sad to take them to the airport yesterday, but was okay knowing we'd see them again in a few months. Having them here for the week+ confirmed that all is starting to become "normal" again. 

Another thing showing that life is becoming "normal" again is how full our calendar is getting. Today we spent the afternoon fishing and going for a boat ride after church. Tomorrow the boys start baseball. This week is filled with the gym, baseball practice, meetings, music lessons and everything else in between. This next weekend is pretty much the only free weekend we have until school starts back up in August. All of this makes me so happy! After the year we had last year where the world basically came to a halt, I don't take a full calendar for granted in the least. It gives me great joy every time I write something on it and I hope that continues to be the case....that I appreciate how full our lives are again instead of complaining about it. (But, last year also taught me that it's ok to rest too so I will work on that too....someday.)

No comments: