Sunday, January 9, 2022

Stormy Afternoon

It's a stormy afternoon so I figured I'd use the time to blog. A week later and I’m still in the same head space. I don’t know if it’s the ramifications of Covid or my vein ablation but I’m still so lethargic. The boys were at camp this week and I started back to school with professional development days. By the time the sun went down Thursday and Friday I was exhausted. I’d either take a nap, go to bed early or both. But, despite being worn out, we did have a few fun things take place this week and most of it centered around E.

For his birthday, we paid for him to go to horse camp, which he got to do this week. He LOVED it! He didn’t get to ride on the horses as long as I’d hoped but he didn’t care. He thoroughly enjoyed mucking their stalls, feeding them and loving on them. He loved it so much that he begged us to start horse riding lessons. We have so much on our calendars that something had to give. So we decided to put piano lessons to the side for this semester, since he doesn’t love playing the piano right now as it is. He starts horse lessons later this month and he can hardly wait.

The other thing that FINALLY happened this week was his birthday party. It’s not like it had been postponed that long, but it was postponed long enough that we had to revamp his birthday plans. He didn’t get to go ice skating like he usually does. His party was also a lot smaller than originally planned due to some of the boys being out of town or having previous commitments. But he had a lot of fun at TopGolf with a couple friends. Then one of the boys spent the night. They hit a piñata, roasted S’mores and “camped” out in the living room. E didn’t seem to mind that his bday party was so different from the original plan.

The last thing that brought happiness to my life happened this weekend. We discussed vacation plans for this year. We have some tried and true trips happening, but we’re also going to some new places as well. Traveling makes me happy, happy, happy so I can’t wait for our trips to happen….starting this week! Hopefully our travel plans will put me in a better frame of mind.




No comments: