Sunday, October 19, 2008

Bay Area Weekend




Rob and I just got back from an enjoyable weekend in the Bay Area. We left Friday after work to get the weekend started. Once we got to the San Jose area we went out country line dancing. There was a mechanical bull there so Rob obtained a quick fan base. People were cheering because he was an enthusiastic rider who rode the longest. Saturday we slept in, had breakfast at a quaint diner then headed to the city to visit the Golden Gate Park. We went to the de Young museum to see the aquarium. Although it was crowded, I enjoyed my afternoon there (Rob didn't like all the people). We weren't able to get into the planetarium or rain forest exhibit but we were impressed with the aquarium. After watching the Red Sox game last night we went country line dancing again. This morning we repeated yesterday morning's routine. Then we headed to the Jets/Raiders game (Rob is a huge Favre fan so my parents had got us tickets for an early b-day celebration for him). Boy, I thought Kings fans were loud! Nothing compares to Raider Nation!! I do have to say that the fans that surrounded us were very friendly and fun to watch the game with. We almost witnessed 2 fights but both were difused before punches were thrown, much to my relief. Unfortunately, the Jets lost as did the Red Sox. But, we still had a fun weekend. On the way home we were discussing ways to get rich so we didn't have to work again. Our weekend time together is too short. But, at least the time is filled with a lot of fun memories!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed your birthday gift, Rob! I thought it would be a lopsided win for the Jets but much to my surprise, the Raiders pulled one off!!! Mom

Rebecca Jetton said...

Jen, it sounds like such a fun weekend! I enjoy reading your blog and seeing your pictures.