Thursday, January 20, 2011

One of Those Days

Last week I was on Cloud 9. I got word that one of my manuscripts has the potential to be published and I found out that I get to keep my job next year, which excites me beyond belief!
However, in the course of 6 days, roughly 144 hours (I know you're proud of my math, Dad) life has started to stress me out again. Not stress me out I guess, but make me indifferent to things going on. Rob was supposed to have his court hearing this afternoon so he could finally have shoulder surgery on a work injury that happened last May. He got word today that not only did the hearing get canceled but now he has to go to Vegas next month to have yet another quack doctor look at his shoulder. He is in such excruciating pain that he can't wait much longer without something being done. Plus, he missed out on A LOT of overtime money this week because his work schedule was based on a court hearing that didn't happen.
Then I had 2 dr appts, neither of which I walked away happy from. At one appt I asked my dr about a health problem that I think is coming back. I had surgery for it in '03 but knew it had a lot of potential for returning after having P. My dr's advice was to see if the pain intensifies in the next 6 months. If it does then I can go back to her and see what should be done. If I wanted to wait that long I wouldn't have brought it up in the first place! After that I went to another dr about an issue with my foot. I waited for 2 hours just to have 5 mins and some worthless advice from the dr.!! He told me to "listen to my foot" to judge if it's getting better. If it's not he'll do a MRI but he doesn't want to mess with it right now. I asked if I could start training for the 9 mile leg of a relay I'm doing in June. He told me to let my foot be in charge and start off easy. If my foot doesn't hurt too bad then I can add more distance and speed. Really???? He went to medical school for that??
GGGGRRRRRRR!!!!! Rob and I decided we wanted to go out to dinner to end the day on a good note. It would've been a nice relaxing dinner had P not thrown his fire truck toy at the waiter during a temper tantrum. Luckily he's still working on his throw so it didn't injure anyone. It embarrassed Daddy cause I wouldn't pick P up and console him after punishing him so he screamed for a few seconds. Needless to say we ate a quick dinner then called it a night. Once we got home we had fun wrestling, having tickling matches and horsing around. I hope today's ending leads into a better tomorrow.

No comments: