Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Total Attitude Overhaul

As I get older, I learn things about myself- some good and other stuff not so good. One thing that I started noticing last year is how negative I can get about things/people. I contribute certain things in my life to my overall attitude but it doesn't excuse having an overall negative attitude. So, in an effort to change my outlook, I started a 21 day devotional called "Total Attitude Overhaul". I'm only halfway through it because I only read it when I have time to really absorb it. But, wow!! It has kick me in the gut and has convicted me of some of my actions....and my overall attitude. Take today for example. I didn't sleep very much last night, which usually causes me to be grumpy in and of itself. But I prayed about my attitude before I even got out of bed. As we were leaving for school, our dogs got in their biggest fight yet and one of them ran off. By the time we got them settled. the boys and I were running late. My lessons were all "off". In one of my classes, I had prepared the wrong lesson so that had me flustered. Then I had a wardrobe malfunction that I was self conscious about the rest of the day. I was looking forward to ending the day at Spin class, where I could work out my frustrations. But when I got to the gym, I realized that I had left my spin shoes in my gym bag...which was at home. Then. as I was walking to my bike, some guy (accidentally) hit me. I had to do the entire class in my Adidas slides and my bike monitor kept shutting off. When I got to my car, the car next to me had parked over the line and didn't give me any room to get in the driver's side. I tried to get in the passenger side but lost one of my slides under the car next to me. Normally, all of that combined would've turned me into a bear. But it didn't. I'll confess that I'm a tad cranky but nowhere near what I would've been last year/6 months ago if I had had a day like this. For me, it's baby steps. On the way home from the gym I focused on the fact that I am healthy enough to go to the gym, that I have a good friend that works out with me several times a week and that I have a husband willing to hang out with the boys so I can go. I have a ways to go but I'm thankful for the attitude overhaul I've had so far. One step at a time....to a happier, healthier me.

No comments: