Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Laughter is the Best Medicine

While I was getting our taxes done, I saw a sign hanging behind our CPA's desk that stated a health benefit of laughing, how it relieves stress. Then this morning I read the verse, "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the house." (Prov 17:22). I looked up laughing facts and was surprised to read that God created us to laugh before we speak. I'm sure I knew that because it's common sense but I've never really thought about it.
I began thinking about various people in my life that can really get me laughing. I remember how my Nana would giggle like a schoolgirl, which would get everyone else laughing. I remember laughing until my sides hurt and tears were streaming down our faces with my college girlfriends. I remember  laughing at other people's expense with my mom (not maliciously but when someone falls we inherently find it comical.) Pretty much every time my brother talks, he's laughing. Laughing is contagious.
When I've had a rough day, spending time with my boys is the best medicine for me. P and I can get the giggles over something as simple as walking the dogs together. E is quick witted and just about everything he says makes me laugh....or roll my eyes. I love laughing and sometimes I get so caught up in the every day life stuff that I forget to find the humor in things. So my challenge to you is to find something to laugh about every day, even if it means looking up corny jokes on the internet. Laughing was created by God and is good for your soul so there's no reason not to do it!


No comments: