Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Travel Memories

If you read my blog, you know that travelling is one of my most favorite things to do. I love visiting new places and I love, love, love when the boys can be part of the travels! One thing I/we try to do every year is to introduce the boys to new places or experiences. Yesterday Rob and I were talking about our travel plans for the next few months. We are excited to take the boys to one of mine (and P's) favorite states: TN. We have been there a few times but this time we'll be going almost to Kentucky so we'll really get to see the state. Then we'll be doing to the Dallas area where we will be staying in a kid themed hotel called Great Wolf Lodge. I keep getting on their website, excited about all the hotel has to offer! To be honest, I wish it was in our budget to stay the whole week to really experience it. But I will be happy with the few days we'll be there. After school gets out for the Summer we get to go camping at a state of the art campground close to where we live. We haven't camped since we lived in NV so, although we have been to this place before to spend the day with friends, I am SUPER excited to go camping!! Then we'll top of our travels with a long trip to Cali. The boys and I came up with a "dream list" of places we'd like to visit while we're there, some new places and some places we've already been to.
As P gets older, the more it hits me that in 8 years or so he will be heading off to college to start his life as a young adult. I want him to look back on his childhood with fond travel memories. I'd also like him to use those memories to guide him in choosing a place to go to college or set up life after college. I want both boys to experience as much of the world as we can give them. I want them to have a lifetime of wonderful memories before their childhood transitions into adulthood. And I am so happy to get to experience it with them!

No comments: