Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Another One for the Books

If you know me well, you know I love to travel, love to explore new places and love Tennessee. I also love family vacations, where we can put aside daily stress and just focus on making memories together. We got to combine all of these things this weekend with a quick trip to Knoxville. We went because of the Bass Master Classic, an elite fishing tournament. But the trip became so much more. As the boys get older, trips become more fun. They can do things independently, love to learn new things and explore. When we first got to the Knoxville area, we took a detour and spent the afternoon hiking the Smoky Mountains to a 90 foot waterfall. Neither boy has seen a waterfall up close so we thoroughly enjoyed our afternoon exploring. I was impressed because P conquered fears and climbed up on the rock next to the lower waterfall. (Thankfully a young group of Army men watched him and helped him when needed.) Saturday was spent surrounded by all things fishing. I didn't know what to expect but I can tell you it was a blast! I was impressed with how many kid/family friendly activities were set up to enjoy. I also LOVED all the FREE stuff that was given away! We filled 3 five-gallon buckets full of free merch. The boys got to meet several pro anglers and got their picture taken with many of them. We also ended Saturday with the weigh-in, where the best of the best came to weigh in their catch of the day. Sunday we made our way back to reality with a long road trip back to LA. But, the memories we made will forever be etched in my mind, a fun family weekend had by all!







No comments: