Sunday, March 10, 2019

Dream Job

If someone were to ask me what my dream job would be, I'd inform them that I already have it. I obtained it about 10 years ago and will have it for life. My job includes many responsibilities but my job title is MOM. While it's not always easy, it's always my dream job. It's a job I've dreamed about since I was a young girl and it's a job I don't take lightly. I enjoy talking to the boys about their choices and the consequences of those choices. I enjoy encouraging them in their interests. I enjoy praying with them and for them on a daily basis. I enjoy teasing them and hearing their giggles. I enjoy reading with them. I enjoy laying with them at bedtime, easing their fears. I enjoy going for walks with them. I enjoy my dates with them, of which I got to do a lot this week. And of course I enjoy the cuddles and hugs as well. I love hearing them call me "Mom" even when it's done in frustration. I know it'll become more difficult as they get into their teen years and some days will be a lot harder than others. But I will still think of being a mom as my dream job. For so many reasons. I am not doing this blog justice as there are so many thoughts going through my head about being a mom and all that it entails. So someday I may be able to elaborate on my thoughts, making it more eloquent. But, just know that my cup runneth over with being a mom. It's better than I ever imagined my dream job being and I never take it for granted!

No comments: