Sunday, May 12, 2019

Mother's Day

I am not going to do the usual Mother's Day post about all that moms do or how special my mom is to me (I posted that on FB early this morning). Instead I'm going to blog about this specific Mother's Day. It has probably been one of the most special Mother's Day I've ever had. It started yesterday when I got home to find a gorgeous bouquet of flowers on the front door step. Rob had sent them to me to show me how much he loves me. This morning I came out to the kitchen to make coffee and was plowed over by our youngest, who couldn't wait to give me a bear hug and wish me a Happy Mother's Day. Then our oldest spearheaded some homemade Mother's Day cards, which included coupons for the boys to draw me a hot bubble bath and give me a free massage. Our youngest also gave me a watercolor painting that said I was prettier than a zebra (a high compliment coming from him!). The church service was good and the message was uplifting, about the importance of loving your children in a Godly manner. After church we grabbed a quick lunch and came home. I can't say that I've relaxed. I've unclogged drains, changed the sheets on our bed, washed dishes, folded laundry and edited pictures. But it's been good...really good. The boys have been outside with friends all afternoon. AND, they have not argued with each other. Not even once! In fact, when I told them they had to clean up before they played outside, one of them suggested to the other that they work as a team to clean faster. THAT was the best gift I could have been given today. Because Rob couldn't be here today, he has called quite a few times to let me know he's thinking of me. I have received texts, phone calls and FB messages from friends, wishing me a happy Mother's Day. My parents sent me an Amazon card, which is always a favorite of mine. I have felt so loved all day. I'm not gonna lie and say that all of my Mother's Days have been special. But this one sure has. Today has truly felt like it was about me. (Yes, that sounds selfish but there are only 2 days that I want it to be all about ME...today and my birthday. I'll let ya have the other 363 days.) So, I will look back on this day as a day of love, as a day of feeling appreciated, as a day full of special gifts and memories. I hope you, moms who are reading this, know you are loved and appreciated...today and every day! Happy Mother's Day!!!






No comments: