Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Seasons

I love watching the seasons change the world around us every year. Just like the weather seasons, I appreciate our seasons of life. If I had to name this season of our life it would be named "Busy". Just like Spring, when animals come out of hibernation and start running about or flowers begin to bloom and bees buzz around, pollinating, we too are busy doing life. We have been out of town for the past 3 weekends. We went to MS for Easter, where we enjoyed a big family Easter party/egg hunt. Then we went to Great Wolf Lodge in Dallas, where we enjoyed the water park, arcade, treasure hunt, story time, etc. Last weekend we were back in MS for the Catch-A-Dream fishing tournament. Rob fished it with his dad and I was the official photographer for it.
If our weekends were slow or our weekdays were slow then we could rejuvenate and be ready to go again. But it's nonstop all the time! Yesterday I got off work, ran around trying to get Teacher Appreciation gifts taken care of. Then I took P to guitar lessons when the boys were done with school. We were home long enough for E to change into his baseball uniform and we ate dinner in the car, on the way to his first t-ball game of the season. While we were sitting at E's game, both trying to keep our eyes open, I turned to Rob and said, "I can't wait until the day when we're bored."
Between guitar lessons, t-ball, job responsibilities, school activities, the gym and photography gigs (or family trips) on the weekend it's never ending. I fall into bed, exhausted, every night! I know I will look back at this season in life, thankful for this age in the boys' lives, thankful for the memories we've created. But I will remember the busyness and how tiring this season was for us as well. I don't take for granted that we are blessed to be able to provide these activities for our boys and go on family road trips. It's fun, but man oh man can it wear a person out! Here's to finding time to stop and smell the roses that are in bloom all around us...….


No comments: