Monday, June 7, 2021

Friendship

 Friendships are something I've always cherished. Growing up, I remember that we were surrounded by a lot of friends. Most of my friends were from church. As life progressed, friendships came and went. It wasn't until college that I began started making lifelong friends, with the exception of church friends.

It's not a secret that I don't love Louisiana. It's flat, humid and filled with more bugs than all the other states combined (I'm exaggerating but only a little). But one thing we've been blessed with is friendships. I met one of my closest LA friends within the first week we moved here. We met over snowballs and have maintained our friendship ever since then. When we left our former church, I worried about losing friendships because, at the time, my whole life was wrapped up in that church- where I taught, worshipped, E went to school, etc. 

But this weekend, as we were surrounded by friends Friday and Saturday evening, I realized that those concerns were invalid. Through work, school. baseball, and church we have made some great friends. Friday I took the boys and their friends to the trampoline park. Friday night, after P's baseball game got rained out, we enjoyed a team dinner at Cane's. I loved sitting there, watching P laughing with his teammates/friends. I've worried about him ever since Covid hit because he hasn't wanted to be as social. He has struggled with friends at school. So, Saturday, when his old guitar instructor (who also happens to be a mentor to him) called and asked him to go to a concert with him, I was happy that P was excited to go. While he enjoyed the concert, Rob, E and I enjoyed a seafood boil with a group of friends. We talked and reminisced about our girls' weekend to Nashville awhile back and how much fun we had. Yesterday, at church, we talked to various friends, checking in to see how life is going with each of them.

By the time I went to bed last night my heart was happy. Rob and I laid in bed, talking about how good life was, how we had been blessed with some great friends and a wonderful marriage. It's funny how friendships can come and go, but God always blesses us with great friends for every season in life.

No comments: