Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Fun June

 June is quickly wrapping up and I can say that it's been one for the books. We have been on 3 different trips to 2 different states and have squeezed in two weeks of various church camps. That's all in between music lessons, baseball games and everyday life. 

P started the month by going to church camp...without us. He said he didn't want me to chaperone this year so I reluctantly (HA!) dropped him off at the church and said goodbye for 5 days. Needless to say, he had a blast and made a lot of fun memories during the week.

At the end of the week we picked him up and hightailed it to Forth Worth, where we enjoyed the Bass Master Classic. Although I am not the biggest fan of fishing, I do love the 2 times we have gone to the Classic. I love all the free stuff, meeting famous anglers and the overall fun of the event. The highlight of the trip for Rob was meeting Bill Dance and talking to him at length. For me, the highlight was the longhorn stampede down the middle of the Stockyards, the rodeo we went to (where P saw this future wife...bahaha!!) and getting front row seats to the Bass Master Championship. The boys loved it all but I think they enjoyed winning baits, fishing the catfish pool and going to the rodeo the best.

We got home from the Classic and I fast and furiously did laundry and cleaned the house before heading out of town again. This time we went to Alabama to visit some good friends live. The boys had fun fishing on the lake where our friends. We all enjoyed taking the pontoon boat out and E even made a new friend that he had a lot of fun playing with.

This past week we were at church, having fun at day camps. I volunteered for the Rec camp that E participated in. He got to play silly games and the sun even came out for him to enjoy Water Day. P graciously volunteered to help with the Music/Drama/Art camp because they didn't have enough volunteers. He had a group of 14 kids, who loved having him as their leader. All in all, it was a fun week!

This weekend we spent time at the beachfront family condo with Rob's family. The boys had so much fun playing in the water- body surfing and wave jumping with one of their uncles and Rob, floating down the lazy river and going down the waterslide. We also enjoyed good food, long naps and beach volleyball. The boys and I liked looking for shells, crab hunting and working out at the condo gym. Rob and I got to sneak away for a long walk on the beach, a date night and some much needed "us" time. 

Rob and I make mistakes in the parenting dept and are far from perfect. But one thing I feel we excel in is making the boys' childhoods fun. We go on trips, find fun things to do as a family and create endless memories for the boys to look back on with fondness. It's not often that they can honestly say they are bored and for that I am thankful. I am thankful that we have been blessed with the means to provide them with a fun childhood. I do not take one minute of it for granted!




















No comments: